solar4africa, your internet portal on solar energy in Africa
menu powered by Milonic
log in
You are here: Comments and remarks to Wim Jonker Klunne

news @ solar4africa

South Africa: Eastern Cape mall powers up with solar and wind

The Equinox shopping mall in Jeffrey's Bay (South Africa) has been fitted with eigth IBC 260 W solar panels and a 3 kW wind turbine.
Local alternative energy company SolarCon has supplied IBC photovoltaic (PV) solar panels to the Equinox Mall in Jeffrey's Bay on the Eastern Cape coastline. The eight 260 W panels will provide 40% of the total alternative energy requirement daily at the mall, with the balance of what is a 3kW wind turbine providing the other 60% of renewable-energy.

Overall, renewable energy sources will provide all the energy requirements for the walkways and the utility rooms. The Equinox mall project took four weeks to complete.

Installer SolarCon recently also installed an alternative energy supply system worth R100 000 at the Lapp Cable head office building in Edenvale, Gauteng. Lapp Cable is using its alternative energy source as a ‘greener' backup alternative during periods of interrupted power supply as well as a way of reducing its carbon footprint.

Additional information:
News date: 01/05/2009

To the news index

Comments and remarks to Wim Jonker Klunne

sponsored links

More information on renewables in Africa: wind4africa - biomass4africa - hydro4africa